1. 1. Ferns T. Violence in the accident and emergency department – An international perspective. Accid Emerg Nurs. 2005 Jul; 13 (3): 180-5.
2. Ayranci U. Violence toward health care workers in emergency departments in west Turkey. J Emerg Med. 2005 Apr; 28 (3): 361-5.
3. Boyle M, Koritsas S, Coles J, et al. A pilot study of workplace violence towards paramedics. Emerg Med J 2007 Nov; 24 (11); 760-3.
4. Pozzi C. Exposure of prehospital providers to violence and abuse. J Emerg Nurs. 1998 Aug; 24 (4): 320-3.
5. Anderson C, Parish M. Report of workplace violence by Hispanic nurses. J Transcult Nurs. 2003 Jul; 14 (3): 237-43.
6. Catlette M. A descriptive study of the perceptions of workplace violence and safety strategies of nurses working in level I trauma centers. J Emerg Nurs. 2005 Dec; 31 (6): 519-25.
7. Rodger M, Hills J, Kristjanson L. A Delphi study on research priorities for emergency nurses in western Australia. J Emerg Nurs. 2004 Apr; 30 (2): 117-25. 17
8. Holleran RS. Mars TS. Preventing staff injuries from violence. J Emerg Nurs. 2006 Dec; 32 (6): 523-4.
9. Gerberich SG, Church TR, McGovern PM, Hansen Helen, Nachreiner NM, Geisser MS, Ryan AD, Mongin SJ, Watt GD. An epidemiological study of the magnitude and consequences of work-related violence: The Minnesota nurses’ study, Occupational and Environmental Medicine 61:495-503, 2004. [SGG: PhD Thesis Advisor for NMN]
10. Gates D, Ross CS, McQueen L. Violence against emergency depart- ment workers. J Emerg Med. 2006;31(3):331-7.
11. Bensley, L., Nelson, N., Kaufman, J., Silverstein, B., Kalat, J., & Shields, J. W. (1997). Injuries due to assaults on psychiatric hospital employees in Washington State. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 31, 92-9.
12. Rahamani A, Allah Bakhshiyan A, Dadashzadeh A, Namdar H, Akbari MA. Physical violence in working environments: Viewpoints of EMT' personnel in East Azerbaijan Province Iranian Journal of Nursing Research 2009; 11(3) 33-41.
13. Hayri Erkol, Mira R Gökdoğan, Zerrin Erkol, Bora Boz. Aggression and violence towards health care providers--a problem in Turkey?. J Forensic Leg Med 2007 Oct 12;14(7):423-8.
14. Suserud, B.-O., Blomqvist, M., Johansson, I., 2002. Experiences of threats and violence in the Swedish ambulance service. Accident and Emergency Nursing 10, 127–135.
15. Petzäll K, Tällberg J, Lundin T, Suserud B-O (2011) Threats and violenceintheSwedishpre-hospitalemergencycare.IntEmergNurs 19(1):5–11
16. Kisa, A., Dziegielewski, S.F. & Ates. M. (2002). Sexual harassment and its consequences: A study within
17. Turkish hospitals. Journal of Health and Social Policy, 15(1), 77-94. (Peer-reviewed)
18. Melek Serpil Talas, Rn, Phd1, , , Semra KocaÖZ, Rn, Phd2, Selma AkgÜÇ, Rn3 A Survey of Violence Against Staff Working in the Emergency Department in Ankara, Turkey. Asian Nursing Research 5 (2011) 197-203.
19. Ayranci, U., Yenilmez, C., Balci, Y., & Kaptanoglu, C. (2006). Identification of violence
20. in Turkish health care setting. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 21, 276-298
21. Adib, S. M., Al-Shatti, A. K., Kamal, S., El-Gerges, N., & Al-Raqem, M. (2002). Violence against nurses in healthcare facilities in Kuwait. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 39, 469-478.
22. Crilly, J., Chaboyer, W., Creedy, D., 2004. Violence towards ED nurses by patients. Accident and Emergency Nursing 12 (2),